Postpartum Doula Services
As a postpartum doula, my role is to ease the transition to life with a new baby. I help my clients gain confidence in their parenting skills and care for them so that they are best able to care for their baby. Families benefit from the compassionate, non-judgmental support and evidence based information they receive.
How I can help:
- Normalizing of newborn behavior.
- Diapering, soothing and bathing techniques.
- Breast, bottle or combination feeding support.
- Supporting mother's need for rest, nourishment and recovery
- Newborn care while the parent sleeps.
- Emotional support.
- Knowledge of normal postpartum recovery (from vaginal or cesarean birth) and signs of postpartum depression.
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation.
- Supporting the sibling(s) while they adjust to the change.
- Referrals to community resources.
- Attending appointments / running errands with parents as a helper
$29 / hour (minimum 4 hour shift)
$34 / hour (minimum 10 hour shift)
Please contact to discuss creating packages that meet your unique needs.
Birth doula clients receive a special rate.